Mr Beller’s Neighborhood is looking for non-fiction stories set in New York. A story should be reasonably short, vivid, specific, and true. It can recall a person or a place, or it can recall a experience that moved you. We’re interested in the distant past as much as the present. A story should be true to the facts. We don’t publish everything we get, but we publish some of it, and we want to hear from you.
by Alexandra Wuest 07/20/2014
I was not where I wanted to be. This was because I was out. I was out at a bar called the Narrows in Bushwick–or East Williamsburg if you’re a real estate broker. The bar is called the Narrows because the building is very narrow. But really every building in New York City is narrow. […]
by Swati Khurana 07/18/2014
“Mommy—Don’t go to work,” my two-year-old daughter said, who’d just started speaking in sentences. As I put on my jacket, she began to cry. I kissed her cheek, and said, “I’ll be home later.” The babysitter fed her, and I closed the door. I heard her sobbing as I charged down the hallway. I had […]
by JB McGeever 06/19/2014
I once took the New York City police exam on a whim. In the suburbs of Long Island where I grew up, a large portion of high school buddies already had badges and guns by their early twenties. “Dude,” an acquaintance would say from the stool of a local tavern, “I shot my gun off […]
- by Alexandra Wuest 07/20/2014
- how to cure insomnia: A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment. There’s no doubt that that you need...
- continue accumulating sleep: Wow, that’s what I was searching for, what a material! present hefe at this...
- งานออนไลน์: I really like it when individuals get together and share opinions. Great website, continue the good work!
- Mary: This is beautiful. I find I don’t want to become attached to the new tower since it feels inevitable that...
- Maria Taormina: I was born on 427 Columbia Street. Great Story…Why do I remember cheap Charlies and not cheap...